Friday, January 22, 2010

The sweet waitress

This noon I went to have steamed rice for lunch in a nearby restaurant for the second time following yesterday after a long break caused by an accident happened about two months ago in which my self esteem was hurt by a sweet waitress whom I had held in high regard and yet who should have called at me saying that "sir your bill is not yet footed" when I left from my seat ready to pay the bill at the entrance of the restaurant as usual - if the same thing happened to me but the one calling me was not her but any other waitress or waiter I would have common sense enough not to take offence because I would readily understood it as a friendly well-intended reminder, but as it was, I felt hurt thinking that the goddess in my heart should have taken me as that sort of person....anyway, though I knew there was nothing wrong on her part and she did not have malice when she reminded me, I still felt hurt and determined to dethrone her from the special postion she had held in my heart and never to visit the restaurant again.

Well, back to the lunch today, two small special things happened, and they are, as can be expected, about the same sweet waitress: anything, however trival it may seem to be, that happens between you and the special person that has captured your heart, would necessarily be unusual and special. One thing is that, it is she who served me the dish I ordered, and this made the food even more delicious and appetizing; and the second thing, it is she who served the dish that I ordered as take-away for a colleague and she said to me catching up with me from behind when I left from my seat to the entrance to wait for the ordered dish, oh, so sweet and lively her voice, "My handsome brother, your ordered dish is right here...oh, wait a moment, I go get you a pair of chopsticks..."

No comments:

Post a Comment